- Veröffentlicht: 02. Dezember 2017
Modi government is leaving no stone unturned to promote the 'Digital India' movement. Being yet another initiative to propagate the digital India move, Prime Minister Narendra Modi launches a new application for the citizens of India at the 5th edition of the Global Conference on Cyberspace. It is called the Umang app -- which is available for all Android, iOS, Windows device users and also for the feature phone users. This is an application which offers 100+ center and state government services on one single platform. By using this all-in-one app you can perform all government related services with just by a mouse click.
Its a couple of months ago, Modi government launched another application called BHIM which comes with the motto to allow the citizens of India to make payments without using a smartphone. This was yet another initiative to promote the digital India movement. Coming back to the newly launched Umang app -- let's take a detailed look at the application on how it works, what are the services it provides, where to download the app from and also how to use it.
What is Umang app?
Narendra Modi government has been pretty much keen and working towards making India go completely digital in the forthcoming years. That's also the reason why the Modi government has been asking everyone to shift to digital transaction and not depend on cash any longer, and also perform every task via online medium for a long time now. In line with the same, Umang is also one such initiative to promote Modi's Digital India program. The term -- Umang stands for Unified Mobile Application for New-age Governance and is envisaged to make e-governance.
The application is developed by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) and National e-Governance Division (NeGD) in order to drive Mobile Governance in India and also promote Modi's Digital India program.
The key goal of launching this application is to allow the citizens of India do everything online, at just a click - be it making a passport, Aadhaar or Pan, book a gas cylinder, know about your Provident fund account or resolving an Aadhaar related. Umang app basically provides a unified approach where you can install one application to avail multiple government services -- almost over 100 of them.
How it works and what are the services it provides?
Umang app provides all pan India e-Gov services ranging from central to local government bodies and other citizen-centric services like -- Aadhaar and Digilocker on one mobile app. At present, the Umang app provides services across 12 categories which include -- agriculture, education, employment and skills, energy, finance, health, housing, police, public grievance, revenue, transport, and utility. However, in the forthcoming days, the app will be providing integration with various other services such as PayGov and more.
In the app, there's a 'service' option. You can simply click on the option to avail any government-related services you want. You need to select the category (out of the aforementioned ones), then select the service type - which means whether you need central or regional service, type the name the state you belong, and then move on to sort the result based on alphabetical order, top rated, or the newly added ones. After which, Umang will display the best results based on your selection of the category.
How to download the app?
Umang app is available is available for Android, iOS as well as Windows users. It is already available for download at no cost from Google Play store, Apple's App store and also Windows store. The application is available on multiple channels like mobile application, web, IVR, and SMS and can be accessed through smartphones, feature phones, tablets and even desktops. There's also a dedicated customer care support team for Umang app who works from 8 AM to 8 PM every day. So, in case you have any query related to the services of the app - you can reach out to them at any given time.
How to create a Umang app account and use it?
- Go to the Play store or App store to download the app. Note: In case you can't find the application you can also give a missed call to 97183-97183 or SMS to get the app download link on your number as a text message.
- Install the app on your device.
- Open the app and enter details like name, age, sex, phone number, and Aadhaar details to create an account with Umang app.
- You can later edit the details as well. Note: Umang also allows you to link your social media account with the app.
- After creating Umang account, go to the service section to use the app.
- You can go to the services section on the app and sort, filter through categories and services. To filter the best result out of the lot, select the category (based on your requirement), service type, and enter the name of the state to belong to get the best results for your query. For instance: For instance, if you type "Crop" Umang will list out apps like Agro advisory, Soil health card and so on.
- After sorting the option, you can simply go to the option that best suits your requirement and go ahead with the process as dictated by the app.
Autor(en)/Author(s): Sneha Saha
Quelle/Source: India Today, 25.11.2017