- Veröffentlicht: 25. April 2019
Umang application, a government initiative that provides over 300 government services to public, also provides PAN cards or permanent account numbers to people.
Pan card on Umang app: Umang application, a government initiative that provides over 300 government services to public, also provides PAN cards or permanent account numbers to people. PAN cards are required to complete financial transactions like opening a bank account and filing income tax returns (ITR) etc. Umang app provides a unified platform to people, where multiple government services (central, state and regional) can be procured by the users. Now the app can also be used to apply for a PAN card and other PAN card-related services like correction in PAN card details, location of nearest centres, and making PAN card payments and more.
Umang app is developed by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology and National e-Governance. It drives mobile governance and provides access to most government services such as PayGov at single place. Therefore, an individual is no longer need to visit number of websites and download various apps to perform anything related.
Here are the PAN card services that can be accessed on Umang app:
- Users can apply for a new PAN card application form via Umang app, using Form 49 A. Both individuals and companies can apply for a new PAN card via Umang app.
- The app also allows you to change details like name, address, date of birth and father's name in your PAN card. This can be done by filling a change request form or CSF.
- You can also track your PAN card application/ CSF application status via your application or PAN card number.
- Payment for PAN form 49 A and CSF can be paid by providing application number.
What is PAN card?
PAN is a ten-digit alphanumeric number, issued by the Income Tax Department to an individual or an entity. It is allotted to someone who applies for it or to whom the department allots the PAN number. It is compulsory to show up at the time of filing of income tax returns. The Umang app can be download on all major platforms like Google Android, Apple iOS and Microsoft Windows etc.
The app is available in 13 different languages like English, Hindi, Telegu, Marathi and Tamil. You can start using services after entering your basic personal information on it. Apart from mobile app, Umang service can be accessed through web, IVR and SMS through smartphones, feature phones, tablets and desktops.
Quelle/Source: Zee Business, 17.04.2019