- Veröffentlicht: 11. Oktober 2020
The Gujarat High Court on Friday (02nd October) launched eWrit Module to send digitally signed copies of Bail Orders from High Court to District Courts.
On recommendation of the Judges of the ICT & e-Governance Committee of the High Court, a new module to make available digitally signed Bail Orders of the High Court to the concerned District Courts across the State was launched on the occasion of Mahatma Gandhi Jayanti, by the Chief Justice Vikram Nath.
"This new module called the e-Writ Module has been developed in-house by the IT Cell of the High Court, having the workflow of uploading, verifying and approving digitally signed Bail Orders of the High Court in PDF, which, upon e-dispatch through this module, automatically show up to the concerned District Court through their access to the eWrit system for onward processing of the same", reads the Press Release.
The Bail Order is digitally signed at three hierarchical levels in the concerned judicial department of the High Court so as to ensure complete authenticity and accuracy.
Role of the District Court
The concerned District Court, after the necessary procedure of acceptance the surety etc. as per the Bail Order of the High Court, would upload the copy of the communication sent to the concerned Jail, which in turn will become available with the access of the eWrit Module to the concerned Jail for purpose of the cross checking with the Jail Yadi received from the concerned Court.
Litigant centric benefits of the eWrit Module (as per the Press Release):
- Apart from serving to the cause of the environment by saving paper, this new litigant centric initiative of the High Court of Gujarat would save the time of physical transmission of Bail Orders from the High Court to the concerned District Court while also providing an authentic version of the Bail Order for prompt action upon the same.
- As a result of this eWrit Module of High Court of Gujarat, the inmates, who have been ordered to be released on bail, would not have to remain incarcerated unduly longer for any possible delays that may be faced in physical transmission and receipt of the Bail Orders by their family members or Ld. Advocates.
- While this eWrit module will make available the digitally signed Bail Orders to the concerned District Court, an email notification will also automatically go the Ld. Advocate representing the inmate in the High Court matter about such Bail Order having been issued from the High Court.
- The whole progress of the compliance of the Bail Order will also be possible to be monitored through this eWrit module by the concerned judicial department of the High Court.
It may be noted that On Friday (2nd October), the Gujarat High Court decided to start the publication of select High Court Orders/Judgements in the Gujarati Language on the Gujarat High Court's website.
The Press Release to this effect reads, "As desired by Honourable the Chief Justice of High Court of Gujarat, Mr. Justice Vikram Nath and as further recommended by Honourable Judges of the Artificial Intelligence Committee of the High Court, Honourable the Chief Justice has been pleased to pass directions to start uploading one order/judgment of this High Court per working day in the Gujarati language on the website of the High Court for the benefit of litigants and the general public."(emphasis supplied)
Autor(en)/Author(s): Sparsh Upadhyay
Quelle/Source: Live Law, 04.10.2020