- Veröffentlicht: 02. November 2018
Key factors critical to building successful digital enterprises in Dubai/UAE are identified as providing a clear digital vision, aligning business and IT strategies and nurturing digital talent.
Organised by S P Jain School of Global Management (S P Jain) the annual IT Management Conclave 2018 is being held at Taj Dubai, UAE on Wednesday (24 October) where its annual Industry Survey findings were released.
With a theme on ‘Leadership and Governance in the Digital Age: Building Successful Digital Enterprises’ this year, the IT Management Conclave 2018 is a unique platform for businessmen, leaders, Information and Communications Technology (ICT) professionals and academia to understand the key ICT trends and its impact on the industry sectors, enterprises and workforce.
IT Management Conclave Industry Survey 2018
The IT Management Conclave Industry Survey 2018 was led by Dr Karippur Nanda Kumar, Associate Professor and Area Head of IT of S P Jain School of Global Management.
With over 100 respondents, Dr Kumar presented some of the key takeaways from the survey, which included:
- 50% of respondents from Dubai/UAE agree that ICT industry's general business outlook for 2019 indicates a strong growth.
- 46% of the respondents from Dubai/UAE expect an increase in ICT employees in their organization in 2019 compared to 2018.
- 80% of respondents from Dubai/UAE indicate that Digital Transformation is the top priority for IT spending for 2019.
- Over 90% of survey participants from Dubai/UAE agree that building a digital enterprise will lead to competitive advantage, help create new business models & keep pace with competitors.
- Over 90% of respondents from Dubai/UAE highlight that the lack of innovative thinking throughout the business is the most important organizational barrier for building a digital enterprise. Other barriers include lack of digital vision and leadership, legacy processes, cultural resistance to change & organizational silos
- 96% of respondents from Dubai/UAE indicate fostering innovation, agility and risk taking as the top three attributes of a Digital Leader. Other important attributes include building digital talent and digital visionary.
- 83% of respondents from Dubai/UAE have indicated that Cyber Security is the most important driver for digital governance. Other drivers include regulatory requirements, perceived digital weakness & brand exposure in social media.
- Survey participants from Dubai/UAE feel more need to be done in terms of digital strategy, digital policy & standards and risk management.
The survey identified the top leadership/business skills for building successful digital enterprises in Dubai/UAE as:
- Innovative mind-set
- Building collaborative relationships
- Customer centricity and
- Critical thinking and problem solving
The survey identified the top technical skills for building successful digital enterprises in Dubai/UAE as:
- Data Analytics
- Artificial Intelligence
- Mobile Technologies and
- Internet of Things (IoT) & Sensory Implementation.
According to Dr Kumar: "Survey respondents from Dubai/UAE indicate that leaders in their organisations need to focus more on providing a clear digital vision and align business and IT strategies accordingly. Enterprises in Dubai/UAE can speed up digital transformation by putting more emphasis on establishing a digital governance framework that facilitates clear accountability, clarity of roles and decision-making authorities related to digital strategy, policies & standards and areas such as risk management. Another important area which require leaders’ attention is to ensure nurturing the talent required to drive and deliver the digital strategy."
Prof Christopher Abraham, CEO & Head of Campus, S P Jain Dubai added, “In the dynamic and disruptive digital age the right leadership mindset becomes a key differentiator between success and failure of organisations. With the continuous disruptions in technology across sectors, it is imperative for all 21st century leaders to have an authentic and agile mindset.
The Annual IT Conclave organised by S P Jain Dubai is a platform to sensitize key stakeholders on the critical developments in technology and how organisations can prepare themselves for a world that is increasingly becoming volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous.”
Quelle/Source: Zawya, 25.10.2018