- Veröffentlicht: 03. Mai 2019
Digital transformation is all set to transform major verticals in the industry including education, healthcare and e-governance
Digital transformation is bringing a sea of change in the way we can do business with customers, associates, and other companies. The change is also revolutionary in its possibilities for and impact on customers.
The retail industry has changed beyond recognition. You can choose a product just sitting in your home or office and view and take an immediate decision to select and buy. Processes of any business are also radically transformed by digitalization. “Go Digital” is a mantra across the globe and indeed across communities.
Navigation of digital transformation in my mind should include the study of three major areas: education, healthcare and e-governance. Traditional services in these areas have now been taken over by digital change resulting into a quantum jump in the quality and reach of these services. Education is happening not merely in classrooms and labs but classrooms and labs are coming to the students wherever they may be located to teach and help them.
Similarly, healthcare has medical interactions, clinical examinations, documentation and even check-ups through digital platforms. Digital transformation is taking useful information and services to the furthest reach benefitting people worldwide.
Coming to e-governance both public and private services are revolutionized for the good of end clients – common people, taxpayers, women, and the handicapped. Citizens no longer have to spend time or money for going to offices, meeting executives, suffer the hassle of occasional travel as they can register or pay taxes at the click of a mouse.
Banking is another area, which is going through digital revolution successfully. Banking operations are done significantly through net banking and e services.
I would say one of the most wonderful fruits of digital transformation in the world is the phenomenon of smart cities. A smart city is digital transformation on a continual basis, multiple digital experiences and experiments incubated and successfully brought forth where the entire civic service and community interface are upgraded most magically to help ecology and people.
IDC has made top 10 predictions about digital transformation destinations and effects in the future. They are as follows:
- Prediction 1: By 2020, at least 55% of organizations will be digitally determined, transforming markets, and reimagining the future through new business models and digitally enabled products and services.
- Prediction 2: By 2022, the CDO title will be in decline, as digital will have become fully embedded, but more than 60% of CEOs will have spent part of their careers leading digital initiatives.
- Prediction 3: The paramount importance of customer advocacy will result in 60% of B2C brands embracing net promoter score as their leading success metric by the end of 2020.
- Prediction 4: By 2020, 80% of enterprises will create data management and monetization capabilities, thus enhancing enterprise functions, strengthening competitiveness, and creating new sources of revenue.
- Prediction 5: By 2020, 30% of G2000 companies will have implemented advanced digital twins of their operational processes, which will enable flatter organizations and one-third fewer knowledge workers.
- Prediction 6: By 2023, 35% of workers will start working with bots or other forms of AI, requiring company leaders to redesign operational processes, performance metrics, and recruitment strategies.
- Prediction 7: By 2020, 30% of G2000 companies will have allocated capital budget equal to at least 10% of revenue to fuel their digital strategies.
- Prediction 8: By 2021, prominent in-industry value chains, enabled by blockchains, will have extended their digital platforms to their entire omni-experience ecosystems, thus reducing transaction costs by 35%.
- Prediction 9: By 2021, about 30% of manufacturers and retailers globally will have built digital trust through blockchain services that enable collaborative supply chains and allow consumers to access product histories.
- Prediction 10: By 2023, 95% of entities will have incorporated new digital KPI sets — focusing on product/service innovation rates, data capitalization, and employee experience — to navigate the digital economy.
The leaders in this transformation are called “determined leaders”. Like the coming of the internet, digital revolution is a phenomenon which cannot be stopped and reversed by any force in the world. It is leading to complete virtualization which may possibly cause unforeseen change to the way we interact with one another and buy and sell. It also will most radically transform the experience of cinema, photography and sound. In a way according to some scientists, digital transformation will also fuel the growth of nanotechnology and its application in life and business.
Navigating digital transformation is no longer the priority of technology or business but of all of us in the different walks of life. The passion for digitalization is there to stay. We know we are standing on the threshold of a future largely unknown but full of possibilities. Let us keep navigating.
Autor(en)/Author(s): Asoke K Laha
Quelle/Source: DATAQUEST, 26.04.2019